Friday, May 27, 2011

Profile of Job #3: Violin Player

I feel greatly honored to be able to present to you this analysis of a most prestigious
job I have been endowed with.

Oh...sorry. It's just that my last job included sitting through a graduation, and all those big words and eloquent phrases are going to my head. Well, as I was saying, here's the scoop on Job #3:

Job Title: Violin Player
How I received this job: Through people at my church who know that I play violin.
Job salary: Varies for different gigs - this one paid $150 for 1 hr of music.

Prerequisite for job: Must know how to play instrument.

Getting ready for the gig includes: Meeting with client, arranging the selection of music, practicing, and rehearsing with other players. Keeping a selection of nice, easy, classical music on hand, and keeping it up with regular practice, comes in handy. Also, I have gone through and timed how long certain pieces are at regular speeds. This helps when figuring out how many songs I'll need to play for the length of the event.

I had a wonderful time tonight at HCA's graduation! All 70-something of their graduates are awesome, and I'm sure they are glad to be done with highschool. Their valedictorian was right when she said that their class is energetic! They even had one graduate who be-jeweled her cap!!! That is evidently one thing they forgot to put on the dress code.

By the way, my current violin favorite is David Garrett. Check out this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin