Thursday, May 23, 2013

Why Starbucks is My Security Blanket




Tonight, I put on my flip-flops and headed out to one of my favorite places on Capitol Hill: Starbucks. And, I've realized why I like Starbucks so much. Yeah, it has really great drinks. But it's really a security issue. No matter what city I'm in, far or near my family, Starbucks is always there, same as always. They will always have the same drinks. They will always have the same service. They will always have the relatively same set-up. And I can always count on it as a place where I can chill, hang out, and get my bearings. Starbucks was pretty smart with their business plan. They have developed a place people feel at home, no matter how far from home they actually are.
And of course, I had to take my ridiculously funny but educational book with me, "Wonderful Life with the Elements." It finally clicked for me that the periodic table is called PERIODIC because if you line up the elements in order by atomic weight, the different characteristics occur PERIODICALLY down the line. Cool, huh? I'm pretty sure my chem professors are out there shaking their heads, because they probably told me this so many times in Gen Chem, but it finally stuck. I guess it takes some pretty funny cartoons of the elements to finally make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin