Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The "Scenic" Walk Home + Midweek Update

Can you believe it??? I've been in Washington DC for 5 days, and have completed my 3rd day of work at the DOE! I now even have my own official badge to swipe into the federal building :) When I look back at myself over the past few months, I could never have imagined the plans God had for me. Isn't HE amazing?!

If you would like to find out more about who I am working with at the DOE, here is the main webpage - http://www1.eere.energy.gov/hydrogenandfuelcells/. Click on Hydrogen Production and Hydrogen Delivery.

I've been walking to and from work for the past few days, although this morning I finally figured out this amazing thing called the METROBUS, and I was able to cut out over half of my on-foot commute by dropping $1.80 in a box and hopping on the air-conditioned bus. Day made! Well, I love my walk, even if it is pretty hot and tiring, because I get to pass so many amazing places each day. Here are some pictures from my walk home yesterday, which took a pretty scenic route.




                                  It is pretty nice to get to walk past all the famous "DC traffic".
        It's not as bad as downtown Atlanta traffic, in my opinion, but it's still really stop-and-go, and
                      there are a lot more police, emergency vehicles, and large buses on the road.
I got off of work just in time to hop into the Air and Space Museum for a few minutes on my walk home before they closed.

Some more highlights from the past few days:
- I got to see the new Secretary of Energy, Secretary Moniz, speak today at the DOE.
- Bridget (my roommate) and I found this great gelato place up by Eastern Market last night, after quite a bit of wandering :) Chocolate hazelnut and Vanilla Chocolate Chip...yum!
- I've learned that there is no shame in wearing sneakers with business clothes while walking to work. The comfort of my feet over fashion any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin