Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What I've learned so far

So, the toddler is still sleeping, and I've got a minute to blog. Just thinking about the jobs I've had so far, and what I've learned. This adventure has caused me to get out in the world so much more than before, and I've met so many cool people in the process! I know that that will be one of the big 'take-aways' from this adventure - the friendships that come along with it. When the money is spent and school starts back, I will still have all of these amazing friendships that will last a lifetime.

I've also had to challenge myself a lot since I started this blog. I'm a very social person, but sometimes I would much rather stay in my comfort zone rather than go out and do something new. Getting ready to go to interviews made me a little nervous, but surprisingly enough, having to call people on the phone was even more nerve-wrecking!!! Most of you don't know this, but I absolutely hate calling people on the phone, especially if it's a stranger and I've never spoken with them before. I procrastinate, get myself all worked up, get nervous about what I'm going to say...and in the end, sometimes I don't make the call. I find a way out. But with this adventure, I had to make the call a lot of times. I knew that it was going to give me big opportunities, right at the punch of a few buttons. And I did it! I still hate making phone calls and would rather walk across town and ring their doorbell any day, but I'm making myself get over it. Hopefully by the end of this adventure, my strange phobia will have subsided, and I'll be a changed person :)

Now, got to go check on my little sweetie pie! TTYL, friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin