Monday, June 13, 2011

Profile of Job #5: Student Assistant at Teen Tech Camp

Job Title: Student Assistant at Teen Tech Camp

How I got this job: My mentor at college sent me the link to apply for this position. I've heard that many colleges have these summer camps, including GA Tech. Sometime in  mid-spring semester, check at your college to see if they have something like this. You will have a personal connection and better chance of getting the position, compared to applying to other camps.

Job duties: Make sure the teens are having fun and behaving. Give campus tours and plan fun team-building activities. Make sure that the teens are picked up by the authorized picker-uppers. Take pictures of students with an awesome iPad-like device called a Galaxy Tab (this is super fun!).

Job Salary: $8.25/hour

Advantages of job: This is a pretty easy job, especially if you are used to working with younger children. I pretty much just spent the day making sure the kids were having fun, that they were in the right locations at the right time, that they didn't hit too many random buttons and make the world blow up, and that they learned something and listened to the professors.

I'm halfway there!!!!! 5 more jobs, and I'll meet my goal. I have 1 more job lined up, but I need your help to land the other 4! Here's some ideas I have:

1) Birthday party planner. I've helped plan TONS of birthday parties for all ages. I'm creative, organized, and can stick to a budget.
2) Character at a birthday party. I'm a great fairy, princess (or fairy princess), ballerina, Rapunzel, mermaid, etc.

Thanks for reading, and please let me know that you did by either following my blog, commenting, or adding your reaction at the bottom of this post.

As Always,
Kaelin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin