Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Update on working 6 jobs :]

I'm having such a blast this summer! Here's the update:

Job #1: Violin Teacher--- I now have 2 students in my little violin studio! They are both beginners, and I'm having a great experience working with them and figuring out the best way to teach both of them. For the older student, I'm so excited because SHAR (a music company) just sent out free patriotic song downloads this week, and the version of Yankee Doodle is right at her level! I think she'll have fun learning a new song for this weekend. My music teacher when I was a young teen always gave me fun, new music, and I hope to do the same with my students. She knew I loved River Dance and would teach me some of their fiddle songs, as well as other fiddle music (even to the point where I played in a fiddle competition one year!). By following her example, I hope to be a wonderful violin teacher as well!

Job #2: Banquet Server---- I've now worked 3 weddings at the hotel, as well as several meals for a business conference. In the next few days, I'll be going in for my official "orientation" for the job, which will include touring the hotel and learning more about the standards of the hotel. While at home, I've started lifting weights on a daily basis in hopes that lifting all those trays will come easier by and by.

Job #3: Violin Player----Haven't played any more events lately. I'm practicing currently for my instructor's concert in August, when I hopefully will be playing Concerto No. 1 by Bach from Suzuki 7. It's a fast song, though!

Job #4: Babysitter-----Just finished 4 weeks of babysitting the cutest little boy in the world!!! We had so much fun taking him places like the zoo, park, pool, library, etc.  Looking forward to more babysitting throughout the summer.

Job #5: Student Assistant at Tech Camp----This is the last week of  Tech Camp! I'm going to miss these kids. They are so smart and creative! I've had fun building balloon vehicles with them during the Amazing Race (one of our team-building activities), taking them on campus tours, and making sure that camp is running smoothly.

Job #6: Petsitting----This job is always a treat :) I get to cuddle cute animals for a job, how cool is that?!

Job #7-#10 are in the works, but I still need some ideas and help from you! As always, thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin