Friday, July 12, 2013

Name that Acronym!

At my current job as intern at the Department of Energy, I have run across a loooooot of acronyms. My first few weeks, I was totally lost on quite a few, but I've started to realize that I now speak the DOE language pretty well. Here are a few acronyms that I come across on a daily basis. Can you name them? Comment with your answers, and the winner gets bragging rights :)

#1 - FCTO
#2 - MYRD&D
#3 - PEC
#4 - STCH (pronounced 'stitch')
#5 - EERE
#6 - FCV
#7 - AEM
#8 - FRP
#9 - AMR
#10 - APR

Ok, go!         

3 comments:

  1. Your last remaining GT Chemistry TransferrerJuly 12, 2013 at 8:03 AM

    1: FCTO = Fuel Cell Technologies Office
    2: MYRD&D = Multi-Year Research, Development, and Demonstration Plan
    3: PEC = Photoelectrochemical
    4: STCH = Solar Thermochemical Hydrogen
    Production Research
    5: EERE = Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
    6: FCV = Fuel Cell Vehicles
    7: AEM (toughest) = either Analytical Electron Microscopy or Aquila Energy Marketing
    8: FRP = Fiber-Reinforced Polymer
    9: AMR = Annual Merit Review
    10: APR = Annual Performance Report

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, good start. Let's let some more people comment before I post the answer key. BTW, is this Anthony or Jared?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, You have done a great job. I will definitely
    digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they'll be benefited from
    this web site.

    My blog post ... replacing head gasket

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin