Sunday, July 7, 2013

****Celebrating Independence in Washington DC****

The 4th of July weekend for me was a 4-day weekend (thanks bosses!!!). I got to spend time with my best friend, Pelin, and our friends Murat and Ilke who traveled in for the big 4. Here are some pictures and videos from our weekend!

Starting off on Wednesday, July 3rd with the dress rehearsal for the PBS Capitol Fourth concert. We got to sing and dance to "Shout" as Darren Criss rocked the stage, and later on in the night we had the same honor with "Sweet Caroline" performed by none other than Neil Diamond :) Those were my favorite moments of the 3rd!

This is a clip when Barry Manilow came on stage. Sorry for no Darren Criss pics...I was too busy dancing!



July 4th was spent at the parade, museum-hopping, and watching the fireworks!

July 5th, I went to the Holocaust museum with my friends, which I will definitely be going back to so that I can see the whole thing. It was very eye-opening and really smacked me in the face to remind me that what I do does have an impact on the world, and what I don't do to help could be costing someone their life in areas that are still experiencing genocide. (Bonus: my pastor at Capitol Hill Baptist Church prayed for North Korea from the pulpit today, and it was so amazing to hear someone else voice the prayers that I have been praying!)

July 6th, we went paddle-boating in the Tidal Basin!!! It was soooo much fun :)

Hope you enjoyed the videos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin