Sunday, July 17, 2011

An Afghan Wedding!

So, after working many Indian weddings, this Saturday was a day of change - an Afghan wedding! The wedding party was experiencing their second wedding celebration; they got married and celebrated in Afghanistan, and were celebrating with their American friends this weekend. These people have quite a sweet tooth compared to the Indians! The tables had almonds, sugar-coated almonds, and chocolates on them. The desserts included wedding cake (white with strawberries), baklava, and jalabi. Jalabi is something new to me. The Indians eat it as well, and it is like a honey-filled funnel cake. Here's a picture:

It's really sweet!!!

I've recently started my 7th job, and the profile will be up ASAP. Keep checking back for more about my adventure :) 

1 comment:

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin