Monday, January 2, 2017

2017. You Will Be Hopeful.

Hope.

John 16:33 ~ "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I (Jesus) have overcome the world."

2017 started out with both joy and grief. 

Grief. As the new year dawned in Istanbul and I got dressed for a New Year's party in the States, I got news of the shooting in Turkey that took 39 lives. 

Joy. That evening, I celebrated the turning of 2016 to 2017 with my family and close friends. We danced. We ate. We were joyful.

At New Year's, I love the freshness of starting over and looking forward to doing things that are new. Of re-focusing on what is really important to me, and setting my sights on God as the focal point of my life.

I started last year with choosing a word for my year. Last year, my word was joy

This year, I am focusing on hope. 

In this world where we are faced with both times of intense grief and times of extreme joy, it is important to remember where our hope lies. It doesn't lie in our money or material possessions. It doesn't lie in our security. It lies in Christ. 

"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; HIS mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is YOUR faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:21-23 (ESV)

I want to focus on spreading this hope in 2017. Hope of love from GOD. Hope for a future with HIM. 




As I organize and record my life this year, I am using some tools to help me. In the past, I have shared about how much I love K&CompanySmash Folio for recording my adventures, both big and everyday. This year, I am adding a new tool: a Passion Planner .  I am very excited to use my planner to be intentional about living out my focus points/goals, and my Smashbook to record all the amazing things GOD writes into my story. 

What are you focusing on this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin