Monday, December 16, 2013

Happy Birthday, Jane Austen!

Yep, that's right, the world was blessed by the birth of Jane Austen on December 16th, 1775!



Are you a fan of Jane Austen novels? Here's 3 fun facts about my love of Austen:

#1 - Before I was old enough to read Austen, I was watching the film-adaptations of her novels. My favorite was the 6-hour long version of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth; my family would watch 1-hour a night together :)

#2 - My favorite Jane Austen novel is sort of a tie between Northanger Abbey and Mansfield Park, with Northanger Abbey in a slight lead. These are less-known novels by her, but they are both so amazing! Northanger Abbey makes me laugh so hard, which is something you don't always find in these romantic fictions. I relate in different ways with the different characters, which makes these books a joy to read.

#3 - This past summer, I had the most fun watching Jane Austen's work come to life in modern-times on Youtube! The Lizzie Bennett Diaries are such an amazing creation, and right now you can also watch Emma Approved on Youtube as it comes out.

So, as you go about your day, grab some dessert and wish Jane Austen a "Happy birthday!"

What is your favorite novel of Austen? Are you doing something to celebrate her today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin