Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Yeni Yillar Kutlu Olsun!

The past two weeks have been a blur of celebrations, exams, lots of hot cocoa, and cozy time with friends. 

A few nights before Christmas, some of my best exchange/Erasmus girls came over for a Christmas party. We all brought small presents and stuffed stockings (aka colorful knee-high socks) for each other so that we could open them on Christmas. It was so much fun :) From playing games to chatting over pumpkin soup, I had a wonderful time getting to know them better and sharing in the Christmas spirit together. Love you all!


Our Christmas tree! Needless to say, it lasted only a few hours :)

This was my stocking. It was so much fun to open on Christmas morning!
Christmas morning I met with some friends and exchanged gifts over a breakfast of çikolata borek and çay. From an English-Turkish dictionary (from which I am trying to learn at least one word a day), to a special-delivery box full of thoughtful gifts from my best friend, to the presents that my family had packed in my luggage back in September, and so many other precious gifts from friends, the love and thoughtfulness that overflowed from these special people in my life simply took my breath away. Thank you all for sharing your lives, love, and friendship with me!


The precious gift my sister gave me - "When I count my blessings, I count you twice." <3

The weekend after Christmas, I ran away from Istanbul for a few days...to Uludag! It's a huge mountain in the city of Bursa that houses several ski resorts. We got to hang out with other expats at an amazing hotel and ski down some crazy-challenging, but ultimately even more rewarding, slopes. I seriously think this winter, I have seen more snow than I have ever seen before in my life - Istanbul, Cappadocia, and Uludag! I think this southern girl is actually starting to like it.


All suited-up and ready to go!

Arama Sonuçları


  1. Hoşgeldin, 2014! May you be full of joy, generosity, and love!

By the way, can't wait to see these beautiful faces in 11 more days! Wow, time flies, right?



1 comment:

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin