Tuesday, December 10, 2013

***Snow***Snow***Snow***Snow***

I am writing this blog post curled up in bed with the heater on and all my blankets on top of me. Outside, the world is completely white. The winds are blowing hard, and sometimes they turn to fling all the oncoming snow straight at my window. I can't see any signs of the huge city that lies right outside my home. Instead, I can only see a few lights from brave cars on the highway and the shining windows of the apartments across the street.

As I was walking home last night from a friend's house, the snow blew all around me, and even more thoughts flowed through my mind. I passed our university campus, where students had left the warmth of the library to act like kids and have a snowball fight. I passed other Turkish children and families braving the cold to play in the powdery white. The verse from the Bible that mentions "storehouses of snow" (Job 38:22) came to mind, as I marveled at how amazing God's creation is (I mean, snow, doesn't it seem like something that should come out of a sci-fi story...I mean, really, think about how crazy it is!). Ok, and there is another thing that comes to my mind too every time it snows...




My stomach is hurting right now because every time I watch that video I laugh so hard! Coming from Georgia, where it only snows maybe 1 day out of the year and even then only 1 inch or so, this is really new and exciting for me. Snow is so beautiful!

Wow, something just happened that I have never experienced. Amid the snow storm, the brightest flash of lightning lit up my bedroom and the sky is rumbling with thunder as loud as a large plane. Is that normal? Someone with snow experience let me know!

Now, please excuse me as I go put on every piece of clothing in my closet so that I can brave this beautiful, wet, crunchy mess to make it to class. Iyi gunler!

P.S. - While you're at it, click on this -> https://www.mygfa.org/faithfulnomad/ and join with me in sharing the joy of Christmas with people around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin