Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Weekend of amazing FOOD and MUSIC

Live music is great, right?! PLUS, great food is amazing too. I got a healthy dose of both of these this past weekend.

Stop #1: Eastern Market (see last post)

Stop #2: Good Stuff Eatery - http://www.goodstuffeatery.com/
What I ordered: "President Obama Burger" and the Black and White milkshake
I give it 5 stars. I usually am not a fan of burgers, but this one was delicious (obviously a great place to go, since Michelle and Barack are frequent visitors).

Stop #3: Kramer Books and The Afterwords Cafe in Dupont Circle
Bonuses: Free live music and an amazing bookstore
What I ordered: B52 Bomber (coffee, Kalua, Irish Cream...it was a hot mug of deliciousness!)
What a great experience :D We got to shop around in the bookstore, hear a girl play the guitar and sing from a loft in the store, and the drink I had was amazing.

Stop #4: Free concerts at the National Gallery of Art
This past Sunday, it was a chamber orchestra and OPERA music!!!! It was so much fun. Plus, we got to meet some cute older ladies, and it was one of their birthdays and they were so cute as they were talking about going back to one of their houses to have champagne :)

I'm not paying for any live performances in DC, because there are way too many free things around here :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin