Saturday, March 15, 2014

From Atlanta, to DC, to Istanbul, to...

My year of being 21 was such an amazing and blessed year!

I went from Atlanta, to Washington DC, to Istanbul, and back again (make sure you check my past posts if you missed hearing about those adventures).

Ankara, Turkey - Ataturk's Mausoleum
I stepped back into GT life as soon as I arrived back in Atlanta this January, and I've been enjoying my last semester of university. May 3rd is a big day, as I walk across the stage to receive my B.S. in chemistry!!!

I am pleased to announce that I can finally answer that question that everyone keeps asking me..."What are you doing after graduation?" In February, I was able to interview for a summer internship position at Arizona Chemical. On the day I turned 22, I got the call as I was driving to celebrate with my family - I got the internship!!! What an awesome birthday present, y'all! I will be working in a laboratory at Arizona Chemical, which is a really awesome company focused on sustainability. This will be a job that will greatly enhance my skills as a chemist, and I'm excited to work in an industrial setting. An amazing perk of the job is its location (*drumroll, please*)....Savannah, GA! The next stop for this nomad is right by the beach and in a beautiful historic city, which I am pretty happy about. Since I will have 3 months in Savannah, I'm looking forward to experiencing what the city has to offer - which means that I need a new bucket list :) Anyone want to help me out? What should I do in Savannah? On another note, if anyone has recommendations for churches I should go to in Savannah, let me know! Comment below :)

*If you are on Instagram, go follow @faithful_nomad and @k_rover_explores_the_world! I post funny stuff from day-to-day life that you won't want to miss :)

Thanks for reading The Faithful Nomad!

2 comments:

  1. The drive to Savannah and back is brutal....there is nothing once you leave the heart of ATL. So make sure you are fueled up! Don't wear high heels, you won't have any ankles left. Savannah Smiles is a great dueling piano bar. Walk as many parks as you can, the moss is gorgeous. The scenery all over Savannah is great! River Street has all of your night life and little restaurants. A lot of places are haunted, I would do a haunted tour the next time I am there. Cathedral of St. John the Baptist is beautiful. You can walk anywhere...enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Sarah, those are such amazing ideas! I am so excited :) Dueling piano bar?! Sounds so cool!

      Delete

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin