Friday, August 9, 2013

The Many Names of...

Ok, most of you know that I really do <3 Starbucks. I may talk coffee trash and say that I don't like their coffee and think it tastes too acidic (yada, yada, yada), but in the end, I really do love the atmosphere, the fact that their menu is always the same no matter what state (or country) you are in, and the fact that I can always count on them to be a safe haven for a quiet time on my laptop or in a good book. BUT, there is one thing that I can't count on them for....spelling my name right.


Here are the many names of Kaelin, according to Starbucks. 


Keilan. Pretty close, I must say. Just a few vowel mix-ups.

Kateland. Glad to know that in the future, there may be a distant country named after me.

Kaylee. Evidently I did not pronounce my name very clearly...

Caitlyn. Someone stole my "t", people, can't you get it right?

Katelynn. Wow, 2 n's. That's creative.

Kaylynn. Who wants to bet this was the same person who checked me out above? At least there isn't a 't''.
Wow, she got it right!! Actually, the nice lady asked me how to spell my name. Great customer service :)
Eventually, seeing what form my name would take ended up making it more fun to go to Starbucks, but I still greatly appreciate those employees who go, "Kaelin? How do you spell that?"

1 comment:

  1. But you have such a beautiful name! At least it's not Rumplestiltskin or something. That might get you some stranger responses. I think the funniest one I've ever done is when mom and I went in and I said to put Thelma and Louise on our cups. But the girl who took our order didn't understand what I meant (or who Thelma and Louise were for that matter). In the end, my cup said "Thelma & Louise" and her cup said "Sue."

    Oh well, so much for Starbucks humor! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for following my adventure!

-Kaelin